In I Never Knew That About New York Christopher Winn digs beneath the gleaming towers and mean streets of New York and discovers its secrets and its hidden treasures. Learn about the extraordinary people who built New York into one of the world’s great cities in just 400 years. New York is one of the most photographed and talked about cities in the world but Winn unearths much that is unexpected and unremembered in this fast moving, ever changing metropolis where history is made on a daily basis!Your Reviews
To celebrate publication of I Never Knew That about New York, test your knowledge on the Big Apple with our New York quiz. Scroll to the bottom for the answers.
1. What is the name of New York’s oldest road?
2. What was the name of the first European to set eyes on New York harbour in 1524?
3. Why is Alphabet City called Alphabet City?
4. What does SoHo stand for?
5. How many floors does the Empire State Building have?
6. In which year was The Rockefeller Centre completed?
7. What stands at No. 40 Wall Street?
8. Which department store dominates Herald Square?
| 1. Broadway | 2. Giovanni da Verrazzano | 3. The avenues have letters rather than numbers | 4. South of Houston | 5. 102 | 6. 1939 | 7. Trump Tower | 8. Macys |